MANHATTAN CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEYS, TRUSTED FOR COURAGEOUS COUNSEL
Accused sex offenders are in a particular bind. Even more so than other criminal defendants, they face societal judgment and ostracism. Amidst these extreme stakes, it’s important to hire us quickly so that we can minimize these issues.
At Varghese & Associates, our Manhattan criminal defense lawyers fight zealously to protect your future and preserve your rights. Once you’ve hired us, you’re in a better position to deal with any ongoing investigation, negotiate with the authorities, get any charges dropped, negotiate a favorable plea bargain, and mitigate any after-effects that could alter your life forever. Have our experienced team guide you through the entire process. We've represented criminal defense clients in Manhattan, NYC, and all across New York.
We are well equipped to handle the following:
- Internet sex crimes, including soliciting a minor, sexting nudes with a minor, child pornography, and other sex-based crimes committed using the internet.
- Rape. Engaging in sexual intercourse without the other person’s consent or with someone who is incapable of providing consent (minors, mentally disabled, etc.) is considered rape.
- Child pornography. You can be arrested even if a single image of a child in a lewd act makes its way onto your computer by accident, either through a virus or peer to peer sharing networks. To protect your future, you’ll need a seasoned attorney who is tech savvy and aggressive.
- Forcible touching. When you subject another person to unwanted sexual contact, you can be charged with forcible touching, which is often a misdemeanor.
- Sexual conduct against a child. Any type of sexual conduct involving a minor carries serious penalties and severe stigma.
SEX OFFENDER REGISTRATION ACT (SORA) HEARINGS
Under the Sex Offender Registration Act, those convicted of sex offenses are required to register with the state. A SORA hearing will be held to determine the restrictions that will apply to the offender, whether an online public profile will be created, and risk assessments. It is critical that you have a SORA attorney prepare you for the hearing. We can help you establish the best possible case file and advocate for favorable designations during the hearing.
ACCUSED OF A SEX CRIME?
Hire an attorney as soon as possible. Vinoo Varghese of our firm is a former prosecutor who is uniquely poised to provide cutting-edge defense to sex crimes. He understands the nuances of these cases and can effectively protect your interests. From the initial sex crime investigation all the way to a trial, put your trust in a team of distinguished NYC criminal defense lawyers.
Call Varghese & Associates at (212) 529-3925 for a confidential consultation.