MANHATTAN CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEYS
The legal definition of a misdemeanor is any criminal violation that can incarcerate the alleged offender for up to one year, while a felony is a criminal violation that can include longer incarceration or lifetime imprisonment. If you have been accused of committing a felony or a misdemeanor, you must understand that a sizeable portion of your life is on the line. Our firm can protect your rights, freedoms, and overall well-being.
Our Manhattan criminal defense lawyers regularly handle high-stakes criminal defense cases, such as those involving felony charges and class A misdemeanors. We do not distract ourselves with other practice areas, nor do we rush through a client’s case to try to find a fast solution. When you retain our legal services, we are dedicated to your cause and do not falter – we even defended a client against the IRS through six years’ worth of litigation in a case that was featured in national headlines.
Find strength and confidence in your chances. Contact us today.
VIGOROUS DEFENSE FOR FELONIES
The weight and severity of a felony charge can be enough to cause other law firms with less experience to shy away from your case. Not at Varghese & Associates. Firm founder Vinoo Varghese is a former New York prosecutor who has established himself as one of the leading criminal defense attorneys in the nation. His legal prowess and courageous defense has led to numerous victories for his clients inside and outside of the courtroom.
New York State felony cases we can handle include:
- Attempted murder. If the alleged victim nearly dies from injuries that you caused, you may be charged with attempted murder. We have effectively defended many clients accused of such serious crimes.
- Gang assault. Even non-gang members can be charged with gang assault if a fight happens to break out and an individual and his or her friends join in.
- Aggravated sexual abuse. Accusations of sexual abuse can result from unwanted sexual penetration of an individual. Whether or not you believe the accusations are baseless, it is important that you hire an attorney early on in the case.
- Weapons possession. New York has strict laws on who can possess weapons and what type of weapons. If you have a prior criminal conviction and possess banned weapons, you can face a felony and up to 7 years in prison.
- Violent crimes. Depending on the nature of the crime, such as the seriousness of injuries and if weapons were used, violent crimes can be charged as a misdemeanor or felony. We can defend clients accused of all types of violent crimes, from assault to battery.
MISDEMEANORS: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MINOR CRIME
Misdemeanors are often misinterpreted as minor crimes by those who are not familiar with the criminal justice system. The truth is that all crimes have negative consequences in one’s life. The sooner you work with our NYC criminal defense attorneys, the better your chances of emerging with your freedoms and interests intact.
We can provide effective defense to any misdemeanor charge, including:
- Third-degree assault: If you had intentions of causing physical injuries to another person, you can be charged with assault in the third degree.
- Endangering the welfare of a child: An action by a parent or guardian that causes injuries to a child. Even harmless actions such as leaving a teenager at home alone overnight can be considered endangering the welfare of a child in the eyes of the law.
- Public vandalism or graffiti: Intentionally defacing or damaging property of another person can lead to misdemeanor charges.
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI). When your blood alcohol level tests above the legal limit, you can be charged with DWI, even if you only had one drink. Our firm has an excellent track record of dismissals and not-guilty verdicts in DWI and DWAI cases.
COURAGEOUSLY DEFENDING THE ACCUSED
Vargese & Associates has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Law Journal, and other publications for our courageous defense of the accused. Our professionals have also been selected to Super Lawyers® and the Top 100 Trial Lawyers. Despite all of our accolades and honors, we are still grounded and do not lose focus of what is the most important aspect of our law firm: our clients. You will be treated with respect and dignity throughout the process while we help you find effective, creative solutions to your criminal accusations
The prosecution is getting to work. You should, too. Call our Manhattan criminal defense lawyers today at(212) 529-3925.
WHO CAN DEFEND ME FROM MY CHARGES?
Felony and misdemeanor charges and any resulting convictions can ruin your name, remove you from your family and home for years, and drain your finances through steep fines paid to the state. You need to take decisive action immediately if you want to defend yourself from such harsh accusations. Our NYC & New York criminal defense attorneys are renowned for being fighters who strive for excellence. Contact us for proven advocacy.